Monday, April 30, 2012

A Few of my Favorite Projects and Cottages

My web designer came to visit and brought me some images I had sent her when she did my website many years ago.
I am lucky to have worked with some amazing photographers thru the years had the pleasure of creating some 38 great cottages and having some Tybee Island Fun.




<><><><><>The Tybee White house Cottage master bedroom with a pair of funky monkey lamps from the 1980's.  
The family room at Tybee Shutters Cottage. <><><><><> 
porch styling fun for a book
  
a bright and colorful guest room .........http://www.tybeecottages.com/ rents this cottage 27Taylor street

Luscious Little Cottage kitchen with my second most favorite table used as an island

orange and turquoise and Beach house blue walls...a great combination at Calypso Cottage

Shrimp Cottage was once a machine shop with only one window(I added 15 new windows) Everything is "rebirth" and recycled with fun fabric and colors http://www.mermaidcottages.com/ rents this cottage for my clients


closeup of the bar area

Outside of The Shrimp Cottage

my "Alice in wonderland door" with the secret key hole...Fish Camp Cottage
http://www.mermaidcottages.com/ rents this cottage for the present owners
My friend made this sign for me....a Doug Kiester photo
outside Fish Camp ...Matched my favorite blouse for the color




the patio and outdoor shower at Key Lime Parrot also rented thru http://www.mermaidcottages.com/

the dining room and one of the  guest bedrooms  at Key Lime Parrot

some wild and fun slipcovers at Key Lime Parrot





99steps to the beach photo by Doug Keister...

inside Luscious Little Cottage photo by Doug Keister




my sister's art on the bathroom wall at 99steps to the beach

the Braun Cottage .we saved it from demolition and moved it next to Palm Cottage
Design on 5cents...Most all of these projects were done on very limited budgets..just makes me get more creative....
my special little friends enjoying the hanging day bed at the "white house"

a special piece of art....with an old bathing cap.

I just LOVED it when I saw it..very creative love the green frame

one set of bunks in the bunk room at Amazing Grace cottage(wonderful 12 foot high ceilings)
My porch when I restored Horsepen Creek Cottage
the "watch the world go by' wicker chair at horse pen creek cottage
a little added touch to the picket fence (recognize the chair from the photo of the Shrimp Cottage)

COTTAGE: A small simple dwelling...small but always bright and cheery

17 comments:

Linda@ Lime in the Coconut said...

I DO believe you should be named MAYOR of Tybee....or if not Mayor, there should certainly be a Jane Coslick save the HO do I need to talk to to get this done?!!

YOU, Lady, are the BOMB!

Linda@ Lime in the Coconut said...

Ha!! My puter lost half of the post...NOT save the HO...{oy}

Save the cottages day....and WHO do I need to talk to to get this done.

::sweating::

Linda@ Lime in the Coconut said...

tho...I kinda like the ring of Jane Coslick: Save the HO, day.



leaving. giggling but leaving.

Dotti said...

Love every single house that you have transformed, and love it even more knowing that you work within a budget, and that you are not so self-absorbed that you put your expensive desires above your clients' needs.

Kathi said...

These cottages are ALL favorites to me! They are perfect!

Cynthia's Botanical Arts said...

These photos are wonderful. Thank you for sharing. I get it, now. Color, color, color. When I get our place where I want it, I will send you photos. Thank you!

tammy j said...

lime in the coconut cracks me up!
i love your blog.
it's like eating a delicious huge banana split with ALL the trimmings and not getting fat.
just satisfied! totally!
hugs,
tammy j

Anonymous said...

LOVELY PICS:) I really like your blog and I will happily follow.

If you want some swedish decor inspiration, you can check out my blog:)
Have a great week.

LOVE Maria at inredningsvis.se
(Sweden)

Siemprealgo said...

Where did you find the swinging bed from the white house? I would like to make one but haven't found the right bed to start with.

Anonymous said...

Hi Jane, I LOVE the hanging daybed. Can you tell me where you got the pillows?? They are fantastic!!!

Thanks!

Leah1227@aol.com

Jackson said...

Its really a great post.

real estate ibiza
luxury hotels ibiza

Jackson said...

Interesting post..
holiday lettings spain
andalucia holiday rentals

Anonymous said...

cottage rentals ontario
Good work! Thanks for post.

Shaira said...

Ohhhh I really love the designs of those cottages. I am also buidling one as a guest room. I have this great bed for it.

mattress store pittsburgh

Unknown said...

My favorite of the whole bunch is the bed swing. Nothing beats a porch swing that doubles as lounge/swing and also bed.
http://originalcharlestonbedswing.com/

Unknown said...

Success is nothing more than a few simple
disciplines, practiced every day. See the link below for more info.


#few
www.ufgop.org

Lexmark Consultant said...

Loved the concept of
day bed swing
cute child around, The whole house idea is inspiring