Sunday, July 5, 2015

Happy 4th On The 5th …..from Sundew Cottage


When I complete a cottage renovation I am sad and I am glad.  Hundreds and hundred of hours have gone into the project by the contractor, carpenters, painters,plumbers ,electrician,  landscapers, the pools installer, the home owner and little 'ole me. 
I eat, sleep, dream and spend countless hours pondering every inch of space and what is the best way to use it for the client and the cottage.
Every client is different.  Every project is different.The client's personal taste and their long range goal for their cottage are always different . I can see the big picture from the first meeting and so seeing it come into reality ….No words can express the joy and satisfaction !!!  
Sundew Cottage is a mix of the clients favorite things and her favorite art and the  addittion of great fabrics, colors, furniture and bed linens.  The Cottage is "the sum of all parts". My client loves to cook and she has stocked the kitchen  to perfection…( My only domestic quality is ...I live in a house)
 She has had a wonderful time doing this  and that makes me so happy.
Sundew Cottage

We have not finished the picket fence, the arbor. the window box, the shutters and  the outdoor shower. We are still tweaking the wonderful porch  and the rest of the landscaping and picket fence will  be up soon



I used my colors of sea biscuit  Tybee turquoise and melon  because of the outdoor pillow my client fell in love with and purchased from Frontgate.

the great porch dining area


the pillows and  some of the vintage wicker

7'x30 feet..  
Happy Colors!!!!









more Frontgate chairs and wonder piece of art/furniture that was a gift to my client ..REAL Sea glass…..

the table top

porch time….Tybee Style 




inside the living room

the tiny space is working out fine

everything seem much larger because the ceiling is so nice and high. I painted the bracing white  and added the great BarnLight radial wave sconces in the kitchen space



what once was the washer/dryer is now a linen closet with a funky orange( Tybee tan)  screen door.





I guess you can tell by now that fabric is a unifying factor in the open floor plan .


How wonderful is the chandelier!!!! more beach glass...

a view from the top of the stairs.. 


more glorious beach glass…...

stairs to the master bedroom
 To be continued…….


My computer is moving to slow for some reason…the  dining area and bedrooms in my next post…
Happy July 5th

9 comments:

JANET said...

Every cottage you share with us I say " that is my favorite beach cottage" but then you post the next and it becomes my new favorite!! Love,love the fabrics you choose and bring everything together..

Unknown said...

wow.... i like your cute chandelier... over all are awesome designs..

Click here for Garage Doors Fair Oaks

Unknown said...

all designs are very beautiful... I like it for my house...
Click here for Alaska Fishing Trips website

Unknown said...

all in all the interior designs are extremely beautiful

Veritable iPhone Repair

Unknown said...

I've never seen such a wonderful design like this before.
Veritable Elk Grove Garage Doors

Unknown said...

Hi Jane, I just saw your pinterest picture of the porch. what color is that wall, A coral color? Would love to know for our Lanai
Thank you

Unknown said...

Hi Jane, I just saw your pinterest picture of the porch. what color is that wall, A coral color? Would love to know for our Lanai
Thank you

Wendywax said...

Love your colour scheme. I’m in NZ and painting a 50’s batch to put some life back in it and trying to find similar colours to your melon and turquoise. Is there any chance you could tell me what paint you use so I can google it and see what I can find in NZ that would be same or similar. Cheers. Wendy

Robby said...

Awesome blog post, I really appreciate such quality content. For any pharma consulting services - quickly get in touch with Pharmaceutical Development Group. https://pharmdevgroup.com/medical-device-consultant-review-quality-management-system-help-with-510k-submission/